“Daily cardio workouts” would make us think right about running on a treadmill, but these do not have to be that way! What we want to tell you here is that you still have a kick-ass cardio workout without leaving your house! Take a closer look at these best cardio-based bodyweight exercises below – They’re low impact, meaning that we can do them in the comfort of our living room without annoying our neighbors.
Add them to your workout routine and do between your strength training as a dynamic est or add them to the beginning of your run. Perform each move for 30 – 60 seconds and finish 2 – 3 rounds.
Works your abdominal muscles through the motion
- Stand with your feet hip-width and your core as tight as possible
- Flex from the waist put hands on the ground and walk all hands forward
- Maintain your legs straight and once you come in a high plank, walk hands back forward feet and stand
Make it challenging: Add a push-up when you enter a high plank pose.
Works your abdominal and obliques
- From a high plank position with your core engaged, shift back and pike your hips when you raise right hand to tap the left shin
- Get back to the high plank and repeat on the other side
- Go through your exercise as fast as possible while keeping good form
Works your abs, quads, hamstrings, glutes
- Stand with feet hip-width and a slight bend in your knees
- Jump to your right with right foot and land on the ball of your right foot
- Sweep left foot behind the right one
- Do not place weight on left foot if you can’t help it!
- Jump to your left with your left foot, enabling right foot to sweep behind your left leg
- Keep alternating sides
HOPS TO PUSH-UP
Works your core muscles
- Stand on your right foot with left foot raised and core tight
- Hop three times and then flex down before walking hands fast so that you can enter the high plank position with left foot off the ground
- Perform three push-ups, put your left foot down
- Walk your hands back and stand up to go back to the starting position
- Repeat for half the time on one side before switching side